Sunday, April 12, 2015

Top 5 Things I'm Excited About

With the countdown to my trip to Disney World in October just coming in under the 200 day mark, I thought it would be a good time to discuss the top 5 things I'm excited about doing and seeing on my trip (and what you should be excited about as well if you are taking a trip in the near future.)  

Number 1: TRADER SAM's GROG GROTTO!  I'm sure you can tell my excitement by my choice of capital letters, but I literally screamed when I first heard that this famous bar would be coming to the World, and I screamed even louder when I learned that it would be open for our trip in October.  I know it only seats about 50 people at a time, so I'm hoping that at least some of the initial buzz wears off in the next few months so we don't have to stand in crazy long lines when we are there (although I totally would....). 

Number 2: Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!  This will be my first time going to the event and to say I salivate everytime I think about it is not a lie.  The idea of being able to sample over 60 different food and wine offerings only makes me sad that the event is three hours long, so I will have to eat quickly if I want to try them all.  I will say that next to Trade Sam's this is really what I am looking forward to about our trip this year. 

Number 3: Be Our Guest Restaurant!  I am going to brave the early morning glow of my computer screen at the 180 day mark of our trip and try and get lunch reservations here.  It was open last time we went, but we both thought it was too much hype, and not actually going to be a great meal so we decided against it.  Now, after reading so many glowing reviews of it, we would be crazy not to at least try and dine here on our next trip.  

Number 4: Being in the parks for 6 days!  This marks our longest trip (aside from our honeymoon), so I'm excited about having so much time in all of the parks.  Now that Hollywood Studios has been cut down to a half day park for us, I am looking forward to being able to spend more time in my husband's favorite park, Animal Kingdom.  He would be perfectly happy spending all day at Dawa Bar and people watching, or riding Expedition Everest 5 times in a row, and this trip we will actually have time to do that.  Although just to be clear I highly suggest going on Expedition Everest BEFORE spending an afternoon at Dawa Bar.  

Number 5: Going back to Epcot Food and Wine Festival!  Last year was our first year attending the event and we ended up spending much more time there than we originally anticipated.  Even though we researched a lot before we went, we still thought we would only want to spend one or two nights there since we only thought we would enjoy and handful of the offerings.  Well cut to my husband wanting to sample something at every single pavilion so we could get all of the stamps in the booklet they hand out.  We came pretty close, but I still think we missed one or two countries.  Either way, we ended up heading to Epcot almost every night of our trip and spend hours sharing food and drinks and just hanging out around the promenade at Epcot, so we are going to allow lots of time this trip for a repeat visit.  

As always, feel free to find me on Facebook under "The Married Mouse" where I will be posting live photos from my trip this October!  

No comments:

Post a Comment