Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Let's Party!

After scheduling an entire trip around it, e-mailing the Swan and Dolphin almost weekly to find out when tickets would be released, today was finally the day that we got our tickets to the 6th Annual Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!!!  Not sure if you can tell by all of my exclamation points, but to say that I am excited would be a wee bit of an understatement.  You see, the issue is that we really wanted to attend this event last year during our honeymoon, but the dates that it fell on were too far away from our wedding date to be able to fit it in for a honeymoon so we had to skip it.  This year we knew we wanted to take a trip to celebrate our one year anniversary, but we were open to going anytime in October so long as we could attend the event, so imagine my excitement when we found out the event would be held this year on October 30 and 31!!!

When I got home from work today and was checking Facebook I literally screamed when I saw the post that tickets were now available for sale and immediately purchased them.  We decided to go on October 30th to (hopefully) avoid some of the crowds that we figured Saturday would bring, but also because we literally couldn't wait one extra day to attend.  One of the big reasons that I really felt drawn to this event was because of Lou Mongello and his site over at wdwradio.com.  The past few years he has done a live broadcast of the event that I have been fortunate enough to watch and he had me practically salivating over the amazing food and wine offerings.  I know I mentioned this in a previous post but when I'm in the parks I truly hate sitting down to a two or three hour dinner and a restaurant where I will spend upwards of $200 for my dinner (and some wine), so this really seemed like the perfect option.  While, yes, we are still spending $200 for our tickets to the event, it will be a very interactive adventure where we can sample lots of different options and won't just be sitting at a table for three hours.  

I'm already counting down the days until we leave for our trip (232), and the days until we get to attend the event (234)!  I also hope to post some more factual information about the event in the coming months, and will for sure post a more in depth trip report and review once I come back from my trip in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment