Sunday, February 15, 2015

Mistakes Not to Make- Part 1

After lots of talk of where to go on our Honeymoon, my husband and I ultimately decided to go to Disney World for our honeymoon, and while we are so glad that we did, we do have a few suggestions of what not to do on your "Disneymoon."

I hope you can learn from our mistakes and have the best honeymoon possible!

Mistake #1: Not splurging on a Deluxe hotel for at least a night 

We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort for the duration of our stay, and while that is a beautiful resort, I really feel that we should have spent at least one night at a Deluxe resort like we originally planned.  We kept saying that our honeymoon would be the one Disney trip that we would pull out all of the stops for, but once we started planning we started thinking about how much money we were spending for just a short trip.  That lead us to decide against our original plan of spending the first day and night at the Beach or Yacht Club Resort.  Our plan was to be able to check in early in the morning and then spend the afternoon swimming in the pool, floating along the lazy river, and drinking frozen concoctions poolside.  In reality we arrived at the Coronado Springs Resort, immediately checked in, and went right to Epcot. That brings me to mistake number 2.....

Mistake #2: Spending less time in the parks 

One of the ways I convinced my husband to go to Disney on our honeymoon was promising him that we wouldn't be spending all of our days getting to the park at rope drop and spending all day everyday at the parks.  While that was my original intention, once we got there the Disney bug got the best of me and all I wanted to do was go to bed early every night so I could be at the bus stop every morning by 8:00 sharp, so we could arrive at our designated park at least 20 minutes before it opened.  While this would be a great touring strategy for any other Disney vacation, it wasn't exactly ideal for a relaxing honeymoon.  If I had to do it all over again I would have spent at least one day out of the parks, exploring the different resorts, the Boardwalk area, or just relaxing at our hotel pool with a frozen margarita in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment