Friday, February 20, 2015

Mistakes Not to Make- Part 2

In my previous post I discussed two mistakes that we made on our honeymoon, and in this post I will discuss even more mistakes that we made!

Mistake #3- Not always getting to the parks at rope drop

One thing my husband and I both agree when it comes to our Disney trips is the importance of always getting to each park every morning at rope drop.  It really is amazing how much you can get accomplished in the first 2 hours that the parks are open, before the rest of the families with early children arrive.  You can literally do every single attraction in New Fantasyland in under an hour if you arrive first thing in the morning, instead of waiting in 90 minute lines later on in the day once all the kiddies are there.  The issue with getting to the parks so early each morning is that we found ourselves waking up each morning before 7 a.m. so that we would have time to get ready and make it to the bus stop by 7:45 or so.  And believe me, if there is one thing you want to do on your honeymoon, it is to sleep in!  This also meant that each night we ended up going to bed around 10 or 11 just because we were so tired from getting up so early and we wanted to make sure to get enough sleep to get up at the crack of dawn the next day! This meant that we couldn't stay in the parks too late each night and enjoy the romantic ambiance of the twinkling lights and near empty parks.  If I had to do it all over again I would not feel the need to rush to the parks super early every morning, and instead give ourselves some time at the end of each night to relax and enjoy some evening activities, like Jellyrolls or a late night cocktail at the Rix Lounge.

Mistake #4- Not planning our trip around The Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic

I have heard nothing but amazing things about this event, and really wish we would have planned our trip around it last year!  Luckily we got smarter this year and we will be attending in 2015!!!  Another perk of this event is that if you book a room package at either the Swan or the Dolphin you can get free tickets to this event....yes, FREE!!!  And really what's more romantic than free tickets to an unlimited assortment of amazing wine and mouthwatering food?  I watched Lou Mongello's video about this event last year (http://www.wdwradio.com/2013/10/video-walt-disney-world-swan-dolphin-food-wine-classic-2013/), and I can't wait to go this year!  It also gives you a chance to get outside of the parks for a night and really enjoy some of the great activities that don't involve theme park admission.  I can't wait to go this year and report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment