My recent attempts at running would only be possible if I had one ultimate goal in mind...running in Disney World. I have recently been hearing a lot about how amazing the Run Disney events are and really wish there was a 5k or 10 miler planned while we are going to be down there in October.
I recently started using the C25K app and I really love it. The interface is very basic, and almost "manly", but I like how it counts down each run or walk time in a simple way and doesn't spew inspirational phrases every ten seconds. Each workout is 30 minutes or so (they do get longer as the weeks go by), but they also have a built in warm up and cool down time, so the time you are actually running is manageable. It's a great way to get you to be able to run a 5k, and then once you master that you can go on to their other training apps for a 10k, half marathon, etc.
One of my bucket list items is to run a RunDisney event, so hopefully in 2016 I will be able to check it off my list!
No comments:
Post a Comment